RE: System broken after full-upgrade: please help!

Hi Rodolfo,

> Two days ago, after full-upgrade, as explained, it was impossible to boot neither to reboot and I had to
> unplug the machine.  Thanks to lister's help, the above commands through debian-installer in rescue mode
> managed to repair the system.  But now two problems still remain:

I can help you with 1 I think

> 1) I can't halt the system.  After the `halt' command, the system stops saying
>    [.    47.148880] reboot: System halted
>     Then nothing happens and I have to unplug the machine;

[..]

It was explained a while ago here that a shutdown after halt was actually a bug. Halt should just halt the system.
Don't shutdown with the halt(8) command, it is not supposed to power off the machine, and the systemd maintainers consider it a bug[1] that the sysvinit implementation does it anyway.  Use the poweroff command instead.

1. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746650

Bonno Bloksma