Re: systemd and resume (after sleep)

On Sat 02 Aug 2014 at 19:02:36 +0200, Slavko wrote:

> OK, i did small progress :-)
>
> The issue is (seems) not related to systemd, it is caused by switching

What did you do that led you to that conclusion?

I think

   echo mem > /sys/power/state

is an init system independent way of suspending. The resume will be
recorded in syslog. For "systemctl suspend" the journal also writes to
syslog on Debian..

> from pm-utils to kernel's PM. I follow Debugging hibernation and suspend
> at [1], where i did tests via /sys/power/pm_test.
>
> The first i try the "freezer", which works, then i try the "devices"
> option, where the same problems happen, then it seems. IIUC, the
> problem is with suspending the devices. Now the question is: which
> device?

[1] advises a systematic removal of drivers and testing.

> Any help is welcomed :)
>
> [1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt

As I said, I would approach the problem starting with a minimal system
and working up. It has the advantage of leaving your system untouched
for later testing. If there is something fundamentally wrong with
suspend and resume it is unlikely that what is done with Xfce has
anything to offer by way of a solution.