Re: systemd and resume (after sleep)

On Sat 02 Aug 2014 at 10:49:32 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Sat 02 Aug 2014 at 11:01:11 +0200, Slavko wrote:
> >
> > You are right, of course, but i see nothing relevant, only one old bug
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=673689 which seems to
> > be pm-utils related, but with pm-utils all works - AFAIK the systemd
> > doesn't uses the pm-utils.
>
> I don't know either; in fact I know little about suspend/resume with
> either sysvinit or systemd. It might be time for me (and you) to find
> out how systemd goes about its job with suspend.

This is on a minimal Jessie with systemd-sys installed and nouveau. You
were right about systemd not using pm-utils, but it does give a second
testing route.

  root@debian:~# /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep --version
  systemd 208
  +PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +ACL +XZ

Suspending with

  /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep suspend

works. Resuming also works here. journalctl has the full story.