Re: systemd and resume (after sleep)

Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 2 Aug 2014 12:43:27 +0100 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> napísal:

> On Sat 02 Aug 2014 at 10:49:32 +0100, Brian wrote:
>
> This is on a minimal Jessie with systemd-sys installed and nouveau.
> You were right about systemd not using pm-utils, but it does give a
> second testing route.
>
>   root@debian:~# /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep --version
>   systemd 208
>   +PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT
> +ACL +XZ

As i mention, i am on the 204 still (because 208 prevent to use the
SysV):

/lib/systemd/systemd-sleep --version
systemd 204
+PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT
+ACL +XZ

> Suspending with
>
>   /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep suspend
>
> works. Resuming also works here. journalctl has the full story.

Because i afraid if i will remove all nvidia's things properly, i
tried it partialy - i end the X session, stop the DM and remove the
nvidia module (i hope that this is enough to eliminate the suspend &
nvidia interaction). When i make sure, that the nvidia module is not
loaded i try to hibernate:

systemctl hibernate

System hibernates and then after some small time it resume without any
visible problems. Similarly as you, i can see records in the journalctl.
After this i tried to suspend it:

systemctl suspend

System suspends, but don't resume and after forced (by button) reboot i
cannot see any records in the journalctl (i suspend it at cca 17:46):

journalctl --until=17:50
-- Logs begin at So 2014-08-02 17:51:06 CEST, end at So 2014-08-02
18:01:01 CEST. --

As last i tried to hibernate from XFCE's xfce4-session-logout (and
with the systemctl hibernate some time latter with the same result), but
the machine don't full hibernate, only display stays black, SSH server
doesn't respond, but the power LED stays to light and the HDD
LED sometime flashing - then i need reboot it manually and, of
course, nothing in journalctl, only items from last boot. Finally i boot
via the SysV again.

How i can see the old things in journal? Or this super-tuper journaling
is not written to disk? How i have to find the problem, is nothing is
logs are not preserved? I don't understand...

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk