Re: FWIW: the modularization of systemd

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Jeff Bauer <jwbauer@charter.net> wrote:
> On 07/27/2014 07:32 PM, green wrote:
>>
>> Minix has some fascinating reliability features...
>
> Wouldn't it be ironic if Tanenbaum ultimate wins the debate?
>
> ;)

Yeah, things aren't really that simple, but Linus himself admitted in
that old flamewar-done-right that he would have preferred to have gone
more modular, if the tech had been up to it. The popular CPUs still
aren't up to it, and I'm not sure if any existing CPU is. (The problem
is not CPU speed, really.)

But I'm also planning on playing with Minix a bit this summer. It
looks like it's going to be a lot closer to what we would all call
useable now. And I'm thinking the question of systemd would be a
non-question in minix, and I kind of want to see.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.