Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On 2014-07-19 00:22 +0200, Steve Litt wrote:

> And finally, note that the guy's email doesn't specifically recommend
> systemd, and as a matter of fact seems to gravitate toward upstart,

This is quite easily explained by the fact that his mail predates the
first systemd release by seven months.  Now, why did Debian not switch
to upstart back then?  There are likely several reasons for this, and
answering that question will be an interesting case study.  The one
thing that put *me* off from giving upstart a try is the conflict with
sysvinit, FWIW.

Cheers,
       Sven