Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:37:18 -0400
songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:

>   my own experience, after reading all the
> words from those for and against it is
> seeing the actual code working.
>
>   this past week it came through Debian
> testing and installed just fine, i've had
> zero issues with it so far.
>
>   in fact the boot time is faster and the
> shutdown is also faster.
>
>   kudoes to everyone who's made it happen,
> who went through the testing and put the
> efforts into made it work.
>

>   songbird

I don't think one single person objected to the systemd software
itself. It's right for some, not so right for others.

All the objections had to do with forcing people to accept systemd. Vim
and Emacs are both excellent, but if we all were forced to adopt Emacs,
or if we were all forced to adopt Vim, all hell would break loose.

The other thing is, a lot of people thought the current init system was
working just fine.

SteveT