Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

Brian wrote:
On Sat 12 Jul 2014 at 11:26:23 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

Tom H wrote:
The s/n ratio would be higher in threads such as these if people read
the documentation...

Now that is a rather gratuitous and disingenuous statement.
[Snip]

In other words, a pox on your "read the documentation" snipe.
A discussion should involve both parties reading from the same hymn
sheet if not singing from it. It leads to more fruitful interaction if
not to ultimate agreement. Call it common ground for discussion.

The thread title, plus the promise(?) to move to another distribution,
gives the game away, of course. Documentation is a hinderence to the
Agenda.

I'm actually rather agnostic on this - just cringing about the personal impacts when I first turn systemd on, in our server farm -- lack of good documentation definitely scares me.