Re: Different behaviour handling NFS mounts after login

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> I don't think user is valid for nfs mounts.  The user flag is usually
> for local media.  In any case it isn't in the list for nfs mount
> options.  Also neither is auto.  Same with _netdev.  Personally I am
> only using "async" and nothing more these days.  "intr" is okay.

"auto" and "async" are the "mount" default so they aren't particularly
useful (but "sync" is the current default for "/etc/exports").

"_netdev" is useful because the mount will not be attempted if the
network's not up when it's used.

"user" is theoretically valid for all mounts but I've never seen it
used with nfs.