Re: Is grub perfect? (was Re: Does LXDE really require lightdm?)

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Rusi Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:20:02 PM UTC+5:30, Brian wrote:

>>> Yes, this is one problem. There are others:
>>
>> 20 man pages and an info manual amounts to non-existent documentation?
>
> I use the grub command configfile (also multiboot).
> What do they do? Where are they documented?
> [I got the tips on usage on the grub mailing list]

I don't know whether configfile and multiboot are documented in the
info pages (I find info unusable) but this is the upstream grub
manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/index.html

I've just looked at the debian wiki's documentation and it's
surpringly sparse; unless I landed on the wrong page.

ubuntuforums.org has a very good documentation thread/sticky and the
arch and gentoo wikis have good documentation.