Re: Iptables

On 06/27/2014 08:34 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 02:00 PM, Diogene Laerce wrote:
>
> [that someone else wrote:]

Yes I know.. I do that too.. :D

>>> Please don't hijack an existing thread when you open a new topic.
>>> You have done this twice on this thread which was originally titled
>>> "Resizing LVM issue".
>
>> I didn't or at least not on purpose. I just reply to the list on a
>> random message and make a new topic of it for light convenience. I
>> didn't know it could do any harm. And actually, I even don't
>> understand how you can know that ? Please explain, I will sleep a bit
>> light less dumber tonight. ;)
>
> Every E-mail or newsgroup post made by a standards-compliant mail
> program contains a theoretically-unique ID number, called the Message-ID
> header.
>
> When you hit Reply on an E-mail using a modern mail client (and quite a
> few non-modern ones), in addition to generating a new Message-ID for
> your reply, the mail client creates another header called "In-Reply-To".
> It copies the Message-ID from the original mail into this new header.
>
> Then, when someone receives both the original mail and your reply, their
> own mail client can use these two headers to figure out that "these two
> mails belong together, in this order".
>
> Some mail clients (such as Thunderbird) can use that information to
> display a nested hierarchy of "which mail is a reply to which", which I
> find very useful; others just use it for "conversation view"-type
> sorting; others ignore it entirely. If someone using a mail client which
> is configured to not ignore that information receives both messages,
> they will immediately be able to tell that your message is a reply, even
> if you changed the Subject line.

Thanks ! I already feel dumbness leaving my body. :)

I didn't find yet how to create such filters or if it would be useful to
me, but it's very good to know.

Cheers,
--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce