Re: GPG Keys..... was Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

>>> You are right. I just checked with my solicitor and was told that that is
>>> not identity theft.
>>>
>>> But I'm so worried about my reputation and the circumstances under which my
>>> ex-wife left me for another man.
>>
>> It may not be identity theft, but it's serious damage to reputation,
>> and as such may be actionable. But possibly more importantly, it's
>> extremely damaging to YOUR reputation. Do you really want to be known
>> as "the guy who stole Jerry Stuckle's name, and did it so badly that
>> it was obvious"?
>
> Chris,
>
> It depends on your jurisdiction.  All my attorney can speak for is the
> United States - where it definitely is, the way the law is written.

Thanks for clarifying, real-Jerry. IANAL in any jurisdiction, but I do
know the jurisdiction of the internet, and how important one's
reputation is. And that reputation can cross communities fairly easy
(for instance, Rusi Mody posts here on debian-user, and I already know
him from python-list). So whichever way you look at it, it's foolish,
juvenile, and potentially extremely damaging to the one who does it.

It's just not worth it.

ChrisA