Re: GPG Keys..... was Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
>> But hopefully it won't ever come to the point of mattering. It really
>> is silly when people start trying to spoof other people's emails.
>>

> Chris,
>
> It's more than silly.  In many countries (including the United States),
> it can be considered identity theft, which is a federal crime.

Hmm, I'm not absolutely sure that using a fake name in an email header
would count as identity theft. But what I meant was how silly it is to
have to worry about that. Murder's a crime, too, but I would consider
it pretty silly if we had to concern ourselves with the possibility
that some other debian-user contributor would show up on our doorsteps
with an axe. We should not have to be considering such ridiculous
possibilities.

ChrisA