Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On 6/7/2014 10:18 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:
On 08/06/14 14:00, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Richard, this was NOT my post.  This is a fraud.  See the headers.

Acknowledged. It's sad - do we need to start signing all mailing list
posts?

No, because anyone can put any name into the headers, and still have a
valid signature. (How many of the _regulars_ know what each other's
public keys are, much less those like me who just dabble here?) All
you have to do is notice that the real Jerry Stuckle doesn't have an
outlook.com address, and then wait for the fraud to get bored.

ChrisA

Chris,

You can also look at the headers and see where the posting comes from.

I agree signing would help - but you're right, I don't know who many people's public keys are - either here or anywhere else.

Jerry