Re: GPG Keys..... was Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Jerry Stuckle <j.stuckle@outlook.com> wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 06:18:23 +1000
>> Subject: Re: GPG Keys..... was Re: Should I install chkrootkit?
>> From: rosuav@gmail.com
>> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>

>> Hmm, I'm not absolutely sure that using a fake name in an email header
>> would count as identity theft.
>
> You are right. I just checked with my solicitor and was told that that is
> not identity theft.
>
> But I'm so worried about my reputation and the circumstances under which my
> ex-wife left me for another man.

It may not be identity theft, but it's serious damage to reputation,
and as such may be actionable. But possibly more importantly, it's
extremely damaging to YOUR reputation. Do you really want to be known
as "the guy who stole Jerry Stuckle's name, and did it so badly that
it was obvious"?

ChrisA