Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On 5/19/2014 8:23 AM, Richard Hector wrote:
On 20/05/14 00:20, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
You cannot link to an image on my site.  But you can provide a link to
that image.  An important difference.

I confess I don't see that difference.

Are you saying that the link must be visible and not clickable?

Again, I'd still like to see a reference to a law (in your chosen
jurisdiction) that forbids whatever kind of link you say isn't permitted.

Richard

Richard,

Linking to an image on my site makes it look like the image is a part of your site. If I own the copyright on that image, that is a violation of the copyright. Even if I don't own the copyright, you are using bandwidth I paid for for your site, which is also theft.

Providing a link to the image on my site makes it clear the image is on my site.

Jerry