Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On 5/19/2014 8:13 AM, Richard Hector wrote:
On 19/05/14 23:11, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
BTW I'd also like to see evidence for what law prevents linking to
someone else's work.

Who said anything about preventing linking?  I never did.

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:31:17 -0400

You need to look up the meaning of "fair use". It does not, for
instance, allow you to post a copy of an article on my web page - or
even link to an image on my web page - without my permission.

You say that fair use does not allow it. Are you perhaps saying that
there's no need for fair use to allow it, because nothing prevents it?

In that case, I agree.

Richard

No, I'm saying that fair use prevents it. But until DRM, there has been no technical means of preventing it. The result is people steal material left and right. DRM is designed to prevent such theft. Copyright owners are protected and honest people should have nothing to worry about.

Jerry