Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On 5/19/14, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
> On 5/18/2014 11:15 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>> On 19/05/14 14:10, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>> But if I catch you violating my copyright, I will have everything you
>>> own.
>>
>> I don't think the law goes quite that far ...
>
> Maybe not if you're Bill Gates or Warren Buffet.  But I can get a lot.

Oooh, powerful!

> More than most people have.

Sounds verrry impressive. Can you get more out of me than I have, and
then give some back? I promise I'll donate to the Red Cross... What
about blood from a stone?

 On 5/16/14, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
 > You need to look up the meaning of "fair use".  It does not, for
 > instance, allow you to post a copy of an article on my web page - or
 > even link to an image on my web page - without my permission.

I'm not sure ... but that kinda looks like you.. feel free to disabuse
me of my false notion though, I admit that I could be wrong...

>> Overall, though, this argument seems fairly pointless, since you're both
>> deliberately talking at cross-purposes: Jerry is talking about using the
>> law to fight, while Zenaan is talking about fighting the law. Both are
>> useful in different (and probably sometimes the same) circumstances.
>> Richard
>
> Yes, and I have used the law to fight violations of my copyrights.  And
> won.

Bully for you :)

> The law is there for a purpose.  Remember, those of us who make a living
> off of our intellectual property like to eat, also.

By all means, I support you in making as much money off your libre
community-building licenses as you can.

Now: if you're man enough, we could set up a really sporting game,
with rules as follows:

1) You post some of your intellectual property.
1.b) provide copyright notice, license warnings etc

2) We'll violate your copyright. Intimately + against your consent.

3) You profit...

Up for it?

I know I am :)

Zenaan