Re: Will Iceweasel stay open source?

On 16/05/14 05:51, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:36 AM, Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (sigh, it's 5:30am here, I'm tired)
>
> Ditto here. I have to say, this debate is somewhat interesting,

It shouldn't be a debate. Debating DRM in Iceweasel is like debating
gravity - the occupation of fools.
If there was a debate it should be amongst the Iceweasel developers. If
there is genuine concerns they should also be addressed to the Iceweasel
developers.

> but I'm thinking that OS freedom is like sausages and laws - you'll
> respect Debian more if you don't hear all the arguments and, dare I
> say it, bickering, that makes it happen.

You respect sausages?

Bickering? Unfortunately yes - people denied an audience elsewhere,
often for good reason, like to share their discontent on this list.

> Chris Angelico Melbourne, AU

Kind regards (Canberra)