Re: Will Iceweasel stay open source?

On 2014-05-15 20:27, Scott Ferguson wrote:
Mozilla will be shipping an Open Source sandbox for the plugin.

Ah yes, that's also an interesting point, because one of the blog posts says:

“Adobe and the content industry can audit our sandbox (as it is open source) to assure themselves that we respect the restrictions they are imposing on us and users”

Would it not be possible for me (or anyone else) to create a branch of Firefox where these restrictions are removed? And if so, why would anybody want to use upstream Firefox instead of such a branch? Would it make sense to remove these restrictions in Iceweasel, so that people don't have to branch it?