Re: Will Iceweasel stay open source?

On 16/05/14 04:51, Eelis wrote:
> On 2014-05-15 20:48, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah yes, that's also an interesting point, because one of the blog posts
>>> says:
>>>
>>>    “Adobe and the content industry can audit our sandbox (as it is open
>>> source) to assure themselves that we respect the restrictions they are
>>> imposing on us and users”
>>>
>>> Would it not be possible for me (or anyone else) to create a branch of
>>> Firefox where these restrictions are removed?
>>
>> No.
>> Because there are no restrictions.
>
> No restrictions?

That's correct.
It's a sandbox. The sandbox restricts the close plugin.
*You* are only restricted in how you can *playback* media encrypted by
the plugin. *If* you choose to install it (and why would you?).

> I'm talking about "limiting the output to streaming and
> preventing users from saving the content", part of the same sentence I
> quoted.

See the bit that you quoted that says "open source"?? (sigh)

I think you've trolled long enough now. Bye.