Re: Will Iceweasel stay open source?

On 2014-05-15 20:35, Eelis wrote:
On 2014-05-15 20:27, Scott Ferguson wrote:
Mozilla will be shipping an Open Source sandbox for the plugin.

Ah yes, that's also an interesting point, because one of the blog posts
says:

   “Adobe and the content industry can audit our sandbox (as it is open
source) to assure themselves that we respect the restrictions they are
imposing on us and users”

Would it not be possible for me (or anyone else) to create a branch of
Firefox where these restrictions are removed?

Ah, in [1], Gervase Markham writes:

"The CDM also verifies that the sandbox is one it trusts, so if you patch the sandbox, the CDM will no longer work."

Predictably, many commenters ask how that will work. Gervase says there will be a technical FAQ in a day or two (I dunno why he can't just give the answer).

[1] https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/05/reconciling-mozillas-mission-and-w3c-eme/comment-page-1/