Re: Well I am in XFCE for right now since LDXE keeps crapping out

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 19:42 +0100, Joe wrote:
> nobody runs daemons on their system without asking

True for an expert install of Debian, true for an averaged Arch Linux
install, true for some other installs, but especially untrue for e.g. a
default *buntu install. I don't know a default Debian install, but it
likely will install and at startup start unneeded services too. But I
anyway agree with you. I need XP for some things, running it on a Linux
host, but some days ago I run into issues and now I have to decide to
get another Windows version or to quit at least one need [1].

[1]
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-April/035986.html