Re: Well I am in XFCE for right now since LDXE keeps crapping out

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:11 AM, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:
> Dňa Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:51:33 -0500 "c. marlow" <chris@marlows.org>
> napísal:
>>
>> Im so exhausted I just about give up on Linux, just about ready to
>> scrape up the money, go to walmart and buy me a Windows Machine.. In
>> the last week I have tried LMDE both made and cinnamon
>
> The money reason to switch to Linux? Understand i properly? Only for
> money? IMHO bad choice, free software is about freedom, not about
> money...

We Linux users have to get away from this type of religious extremism.

Especially when we profess to be about freedom, but then deny someone
the freedom to choose Linux for non-RMS reasons!

In 100% of companies where I've worked, the /ONLY/ reason that Linux
is being used is because it's cheaper than Mac OS 8/9/X, Solaris,
Windows and for no other reason.

In my personal case, I'm running Ubuntu on a Lenovo laptop because
it's half the price of a similarly specced MacBook, and no other
reason (except possibly some low-level OS tinkering like compiling and
using the latest upstream rc kernel).