Well I am in XFCE for right now since LDXE keeps crapping out

Well I installed XFCE and the whole logging out and in and where my
icons are going to be this time is very annoying and using the command
to lock the icons

sudo chattr +i ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/icons*

then to unlock them sudo chattr -i ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/icons*

DOES NOT WORK....... I can still log in and they're in a different
order everytime...

it says I am using xfce 4.8 right now fully up to date...

Im so exhausted I just about give up on Linux, just about ready to
scrape up the money, go to walmart and buy me a Windows Machine.. In
the last week I have tried LMDE both made and cinnamon

( complete formatting the pc for), Ubuntu 13.10 ( had a baaad memory
leak), Vector Linux ( slackware), and now Plain Debian.

now, Debian Xfce ( just removed all of LXDE's packages in synaptic
instead of reformatting) and LXDE.

Well, its 11:50 PM I am going to head to bed, Hope to get my headache resolved

Christopher