Re: Well I am in XFCE for right now since LDXE keeps crapping out

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:31:32 +0200
Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:

> Or need we (Linux users) consider all choices to be good due freedom
> only?

OK, we're off topic, but maybe I can sneak in a point that doesn't
often get mentioned, before the police turn up...

There are many kinds of freedom. One of the freedoms that non-Windows
people may not even be aware of having is that they own their
computers. Nowhere is off-limits to them (as root), nobody runs daemons
on their system without asking, no software supplier seems to feel that
since you have bought his software, he part-owns your machine and can
run anything he likes on it, contact any Internet sites he wants
without asking, etc...

Yes, the Windows ecosystem is like that. For professional reasons, I
cannot avoid having a Windows laptop, and have replaced my
eight-year-old XP machine with a wretched Windows 8 beast. After two
months, I have established some measure of control over it, but I know I
will never own it...

--
Joe