Re: missing devel pkgs for emacs build

Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:19:25PM +0100, Tom Furie wrote:
>
>> Ah, I tested with wheezy. I'll load up a jessie vm and test again. In
>> theory it shouldn't make any difference, but that's the difference
>> between theory and practice :)
>
> With a fresh install of Jessie plus xorg-dev, libgif-dev, libtiff-dev
> and ncurses-dev (along with anything else they pull in) I can't get the
> build to fail. The build also completes if I use gtk2 or 3.
>
> If you're still having problems I'd suggest a back to basics approach.
> Can you get emacs to build with 'configure --without-all --without-x'?

I made no further changes than those posted as regards my debian
install, but did do another 'bzr pull' in my sources top level, about
2 hrs ago (Sunday night Apr 13 in USA)

That change allowed my latest effort using the same ./configure line
as posted, followed my 'make', 'make install'.  to conclude successfully.

I didn't investigate all the changes involved in that short time
period but whatever it is... it was enough to make it all work again.

Thank you for your patience and forbearance.