Re: missing devel pkgs for emacs build

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 12:35:39PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:

> One thing should be mentioned... I've allowed my debian system to fall
> badly behind in updates and general maintenance.  Now face a bit of a
> job getting back on track.  But doubt that is the cause of my troubles.

What version of Debian are you on?

> Yes, an X system (Lxde )
>
> I followed the usual drill of:
>
> sh autogen.sh (did all the reconf sort of stuff)
>
> ../configure --with-xft --with-x-toolkit=gtk
>            --prefix=/usr/local/src/vcs/bzr/test

Shouldn't be relevant, but is that --prefix path really where you want
to install emacs to? Also, while it usually works it's not normally
recommended to build in a sub-dir of the source tree, a better option
would be for example if your source tree is at src/emacs/trunk to build
in src/emacs/build.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Humor in the Court:
Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?