Re: missing devel pkgs for emacs build

Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 05:12:00PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> ./configure returns the error below concerning not finding certain
>> pkgs installed concerning X.
>>
>> Tail of output:
>>   [...]
>>   checking whether gcc understands -MMD -MF... yes
>>   checking for long file names... yes
>>   checking for X... no
>>   checking for X... true
>>   configure: error: You seem to be running X, but no X development libraries
>>   were found.  You should install the relevant development files for X
>>   and for the toolkit you want, such as Gtk+ or Motif.  Also make
>>   sure you have development files for image handling, i.e.
>>   tiff, gif, jpeg, png and xpm.
>>   [...]
>
> As indicated by the error, you require at a minimum the X development
> packages. Install xorg-dev. You will also need -dev packages for
> whatever toolkit you're using.

In a previous post... I said it built fine.

Fine is a bit strong since I am still having problems getting some of
the emacsclient code to compile.... but does not appear to be related
to xorg at all.

You can see a list of the deps here:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/emacs24/emacs24_24.3+1-2.dsc

It will be the line that is about 10 feet long.