missing devel pkgs for emacs build

Sorry to bring this here again.  I did so quite some mnths ago but
having a problem finding the thread and answers.

Building emacs from bzr repository

After a `bzr pull' in emacs trunk sources.

And inital building steps with reconf etc.

./configure returns the error below concerning not finding certain
pkgs installed concerning X.

Tail of output:
  [...]
  checking whether gcc understands -MMD -MF... yes
  checking for long file names... yes
  checking for X... no
  checking for X... true
  configure: error: You seem to be running X, but no X development libraries
  were found.  You should install the relevant development files for X
  and for the toolkit you want, such as Gtk+ or Motif.  Also make
  sure you have development files for image handling, i.e.
  tiff, gif, jpeg, png and xpm.
  [...]

Any emacsers here who can name the pkgs I need to install?