Re: missing devel pkgs for emacs build

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:19:25PM +0100, Tom Furie wrote:

> Ah, I tested with wheezy. I'll load up a jessie vm and test again. In
> theory it shouldn't make any difference, but that's the difference
> between theory and practice :)

With a fresh install of Jessie plus xorg-dev, libgif-dev, libtiff-dev
and ncurses-dev (along with anything else they pull in) I can't get the
build to fail. The build also completes if I use gtk2 or 3.

If you're still having problems I'd suggest a back to basics approach.
Can you get emacs to build with 'configure --without-all --without-x'?

Cheers,
Tom

--
Real Programmers don't write in PL/I.  PL/I is for programmers who can't
decide whether to write in COBOL or FORTRAN.