systemd question

Hi folks,

just an understanding question. In README.debian stand this sentence:

-------
To test systemd, add:

init=/bin/systemd

to the kernel command line and then rebooting, or install the
systemd-sysv package.
------

What does this mean? I am a little bit confused. Options I interpreted:

Option 1. Just add the line to grub and leave the rest

Option 2: Do not add the line to grub, but install systemd-sysv.

Option 3: Add the line to grub and install systemd-sysv, too.

Option 4: This description is ONLY for testing puposes, but NOT for permanent
change.

I would be happy, if someone could tell me the correct debian way, for the
change to systemd.

Thanks  for clearance.

Hans