Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Ma, 11 mar 14, 03:27:23, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2014, at 2:45 PM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Lu, 10 mar 14, 17:15:50, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >>
> >> Probably your debconf priority is set too high for the questions to be
> >> asked. Try "dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration".
> >
> > From dpkg-reconfigure(8):
> >
> >       -pvalue, --priority=value
> >       Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed.
> >       dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter
> >       what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list.
>
> I've tried both "-plow" and "--priority=low" with no success.

The point I was trying to make (and failed) was that specifying
-plow/--priority=low is a waste of keystrokes and accomplishes nothing.

The -p/--priority= option is meant to force dpkg-reconfigure to *not*
show lower level questions.

For example there may be situations where one wants to reconfigure a
package, but only cares about questions of priority high or critical
(i.e. the questions asked during normal installation of the package).
The invocation would be:

    dpkg-reconfigure --priority=high <package>

Hope this explains,
Andrei