Re: A question about Aptitude interactive mode [Solved]

On 20140311_185125, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2014 17:01:27 Paul E Condon wrote:
> > In the meantime, I'll
> > use deselect, or apt-get in situations where I can't see important
> > details because of inappropriate visual rendering in Aptitude.
>
> Or even aptitude at the CLI?

I had grown to prefer the visual mode interface. I think the CLI works
fine for those who like it, but visual mode was easier for me to use
... until a bug crept into it. The whole thread was me trying to get
help fixing visual mode (for which, in my ignorance, I called
interactive mode). My opinion, for what its worth, is that at this
time there are enough outstanding bugs in Aptitude that I dread the
prospect of using it for dist-upgrade to Jessie.

Best regards.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net