Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 03:27:23AM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2014, at 2:45 PM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Lu, 10 mar 14, 17:15:50, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >>
> >> Probably your debconf priority is set too high for the questions to be
> >> asked. Try "dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration".
> >
> > From dpkg-reconfigure(8):
> >
> >       -pvalue, --priority=value
> >       Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed.
> >       dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter
> >       what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Andrei
>
> I've tried both "-plow" and "--priority=low" with no success.

I think Andrei's intention there was to point out my error in suggesting
that option. Specifically because the snippet quotes says
"dpkg-reconfigure  normally shows low priority questions no matter what
your default priority is." So, the -plow is redundant.