Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Sun 09 Mar 2014 at 17:59:20 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> Here is what I get:
>
> > root@dillserver:~# aptitude show keyboard-configuration

You have edited the output this command gave. In ganeral this is not
wise.

> > root@dillserver:~# dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
> > update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
> > update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults

I get this when 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration' exits. It is
harmless. Before that there are four questions (five, if X is installed)
asked. You don't see screens with these questions?

> This is a fresh-out-of-the-box Jessie installed from the netinst CD a
> while ago and updated regularly.

So is this. No system files have been touched by me.

> Should I file a bug report?

Saying what? Providing what information?