Re: A question about Aptitude interactive mode [Solved]

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:01:27AM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

> Information in manpage convinced me that the problem is a bug in
> Aptitude, and search of bug reports shows that it is already
> reported. In bug reports, what I called 'interactive', is referred to
> as 'visual'. I'm sure it will be fixed soonish. In the meantime, I'll
> use deselect, or apt-get in situations where I can't see important
> details because of inappropriate visual rendering in Aptitude.

Agreed, it's a bug in aptitude (it seems to work okay if you start a
terminal in reverse video mode rather than changing the colours), but
how often do you see that purple when you aren't in aptitude? If it
isn't often another alternative would be just to change that to
something that contrasts better against the black.

Cheers,
Tom