Re: SASL auth failure dovecot/postfix

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 07:45:06PM +0100, Tazman Deville wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 07:36:55PM +0100, Tazman Deville wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 04:35:51PM +0000, Tom Furie wrote:
> > > On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 04:22:45PM +0100, Tazman Deville wrote:
>
> Well, with this pam error, I found an Arch thread here:
> so it looks like it is a known problem,
> but I have not yet found a solution (short of dumping mariadb and moving
> back to mysql, which I'd rather not, if I can avoid it).

Looks like the instructions here:
http://pastie.org/8784056
will resolve the problem.
Downgrade of the mariadb server and client and the libmysqlclient18 library.
Oh, and the pastebin neglects to mention, when you downgrade the libmysqlclient,
it removes mariadb-server and mariadb-client.
Just after that, do
apt-get install mariadb-server and mariadb-client and it installs the previous version,
according to the repo added to sources.list.
Now we're running a slightly older version of all those packages, a version that worked.
If this messages reaches the list, it's because that's what I did on the server here in the office,
and I'll have your server, Taz, up and running momentarily, as well.

IMHO, a downgrade is not the ideal resolution, but if it gets the job done...
Still better than moving back to mysql, imho.

:D
Tony
--
https://tonybaldwin.info