Re: A question about Aptitude interactive mode [Solved]

On 20140311_135115, Klaus wrote:
> On 10/03/14 19:58, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > When in look in /usr/share/terminfo, I don't find plain xterm. It only
> > comes with more characters after the 'm'. I don't know what to make of
> > this, since I've never before had to look into how the terminal
> > works.
>
> There is a short explanation in the terminfo manpage.

Information in manpage convinced me that the problem is a bug in
Aptitude, and search of bug reports shows that it is already
reported. In bug reports, what I called 'interactive', is referred to
as 'visual'. I'm sure it will be fixed soonish. In the meantime, I'll
use deselect, or apt-get in situations where I can't see important
details because of inappropriate visual rendering in Aptitude.

Thanks.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net