Re: Testing Hangs in VM

On 28/02/14 09:57, Scott Ferguson wrote:
<snipped>

> On 28/02/14 09:07, Thomas Luzat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just encountered the same problem. I do not have the verbatim log
>> around, but noticed the following:

<snipped>
> ...I'm going to try and install the i386
> version (VirtualBox using embedded preseed) when I get some time today.

Using "expert" install parameter with "Jessie" - Official Snapshot i386
NETINST Binary-1 20140224-04:27", static IP address, no sudo, "guided"
partitioning (all fs except swap in one partition),
linux-image-3.12-1-486, targeted initrd.

The installer stalls at d-i Stage 5, apt-setup, with the process hung at
11% - it appears as if "apt-cdrom add" has been invoked but doesn't read
input from the operator to enable "no more CDs to process". It won't
accept "Enter".
At which point I hit "Ctrl+c" (in a console) and typed
"debian-installer" to restart d-i. I then chose "save debug logs" =>
"web server", followed by choosing "Configure the package manager" (back
at the main menu). At the next menu "non-free packages" I chose "Yes"
and the next step failed, so I selected to choose another mirror (no
mirror had been selected due to my misuse of the d-i procedure. Having
chosen a mirror and set-up my proxy (for my network's apt-cacher-ng).
The next step (choose-mirror) failed with the info that "incorrect
mirror specified". In fact
http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/Release does exist - though
I don't know if it's borked so I retried the previous steps using the
mother mirror with using my local apt-cacher-ng.
Using the mirror at http://ftp.debian.org failed with the same error
messages (mirror does not have any suite symlinks, mirror does not
support the specified release (jessie)).
I then went back to the main menu - re-selected "configure the package
manager" and this time didn't chose to include non-free or contrib.
Different dog, same leg action - and yes, I checked the mirror to ensure
an update wasn't in progress.

http://ge.tt/4u0rX0N1 (for screen scrapes of error messages). I can't
save any logs using the save debug logs option as the necessary packages
aren't installed yet. I'll try again later (if I get time) using a
remote console and ssh-client (if they work).

I'll file a Bug report (when/if I get a chance).

<snipped>