Re: Testing Hangs in VM

On 28/02/14 01:48, Henning Follmann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 09:41:59AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
>> I have tried to install this week's Testing in a VM on my Laptop and found
>> that the installer hangs at Configure he package
>>

>> manager/Configuring apt/Scanning the CD-ROM...
>>

>> In the current versions of both VMware Player and Oracle VM VirtualBox.
>>

>> Linux Mint Debian Edition v-201403rc installed in VirtualBox without any
>> problems, suggesting that the problem is with this week's Debian Testing.
>>

> It's testing. Use Debian stable (Wheezy).
> Judging by your Mail (missing detailed description how you tried to install
> it, where it failed, including the error message when it failed, etc.) you
> should not be using testing.
>
> -H

Read the second sentence of the OP's post.... he did post the error
message.
Part of the point of Testing is so that people like Stephen 'can' test
it. You don't need to have a pointy head and elitist attitude to use it
- just a tolerance for installing the regular updates and acceptance
that it won't be stable, or did I miss that meeting?. Note that their
are no bugs in the errata for this weeks image.