Re: Testing Hangs in VM

Thanks for the detailed post, but... please don't top-post (you can move
the mouse in Gmail) ;)

I tend to ignore top-posting posts when I'm busy - others ignore them
all the time which reduces the posters chances of getting a solution to
their problem. They are very tiring when you've become accustomed to
interleaved posting.

On 28/02/14 09:07, Thomas Luzat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just encountered the same problem. I do not have the verbatim log
> around, but noticed the following:

It is possible to start a mini-webserver and remotely access the logs
during the install. I don't recall if that's only when using the
"expert" install parameter, and/or if it requires the ssh option
enabled. Thanks for reminding me to investigate that function - I'll try
and document it when I try the install.

> 1. The progress bar hangs at 11%.
> 2. The process 'apt-cdrom ident' is in state S (interruptible sleep).
> 3. I've confirmed the checksum (SHA512).
> 4. The console log's last lines showed, without any obvious errors in
> the lines before, that:
> a) The CD line had been added to sources.list and sources.list had been written.
> b) The CD had been unmounted.
> c) "Repeat this process for the rest of the CDs in your set."
>
> This happens with an AMD64 VM which is being set up with Vagrant and
> Packer. I've checked the same preseed.cfg and VirtualBox config with
> the stable installer and it worked fine. If the problem persists and I
> do have find some spare time I'll try to get more info, but I'd be
> happy about a solution right now, too :-)
>
> (sorry for posting in the wrong child thread; only subscribed later
> and don't think I can reply to another message ID in GMail ...)

No worries. I don't know what architecture the OP was using, and it
could be this is just a VM issue. I'm going to try and install the i386
version (VirtualBox using embedded preseed) when I get some time today.

Perhaps someone who has done a bare-metal install with this release
(2014-02-24) could comment on their experience??
When I looked there was no bugs reported on the cdimage page for this
weeks bake.

Kind regards

> Cheers,
>
> Thomas
>
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

Kind regards