Re: Am I paranoid?

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:43:39AM -0600, yaro@marupa.net wrote:
> This rather highlights why I like Arch's package manager (Pacman.) more than
> APT. Pacman features a command (pacman -Qo <file>) that explicitly checks a file
> you specify for package ownership.

Interesting.

"I don't have a clue about the package system I use but XYZ is better
because I didn't find feature A in mine."

:)

> Rather than getting paranoid, go see if APT has a tool that does the same
> thing. I find it doubtful you've been compromised.

Because that's the low-end package manager job, and, - surpise! - dpkg can
do that.

dpkg -S /path/to/dile

for installed packages.

There's also apt-file, too, if you look for what (un)installed paclage
a file is in. That one looks in the ahives Contents files

Regards,

Rene