Re: Am I paranoid?

On Monday, February 24, 2014 04:40:39 PM ha wrote:
> On 02/24/14 16:24, ha wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> >> Try to find that file. ( run something like "find / -name vmtoolsd" )
> >
> > I did. It only shows that files are there:
> > /etc/pam.d/vmtoolsd
> > /usr/bin/vmtoolsd
>
> By the way, there is also /etc/vmware-tools folder

This rather highlights why I like Arch's package manager (Pacman.) more than
APT. Pacman features a command (pacman -Qo <file>) that explicitly checks a file
you specify for package ownership.

Rather than getting paranoid, go see if APT has a tool that does the same
thing. I find it doubtful you've been compromised.

Conrad