Accessing Glipper in testing (Jessie)

Hello,

I was running Wheezy for a while, with a little bit of tweaking, I came to enjoy the new Gnome interface (I had been a KDE fan for years until I upgraded to Wheezy).  In installed the Glipper clipboard manager and could access it by placing the mouse cursor into the lower right corner of the screen.  It was otherwise hidden, and I thought the whole thing was very slick.

I recently upgraded to testing, and Glipper disappeared.  It's still installed, but I can no longer access it like I used to.  The only way I can find to access Glipper is to open the Gnome Tweak Tool and enable the "Window list" extension.  This enables a traditional task bar at the bottom of the screen which shows the currently open windows, a workspace switcher, and at the very end on the right it has a blue circle with a "1" on it.  If I click on that blue circle, a gray bar slides up and shows the Glipper icon, which I can then click on.

I don't care for this solution, because the task bar takes up space at the bottom of the screen and I can't seem to hide it, and I also have to click the blue circle in order to get to Glipper.  I neither need nor want the window list or workspace switcher, so to have it there simply for the puspose of accessing Glipper is irksome.  It was much nicer when I could simply move the cursor to the lower right corner without clicking on anything.  Is there something I can do to get this old behavior back?

Thanks in advance.

    - Dave

P.S.  Yes, I do realize that I can use CTRL-ALT-C to pop up Glipper anytime, and that's what I'm doing right now, but I really liked the mouse-only solution I had before.

--
Dave Parker
Systems Administrator