Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

> Simply that, if you intend to take i3, you will have to learn to think
> differently. My opinion is that tiling wm are far more efficient than
> classic stacking window managers, but it indeed changed my habits. Since
> then, for example, I do not use any file explorer, they are slower than
> command line for most things. Of course, you still can use file explorers...

So you use only command line for navigation files? Or do you use a command line
file explorer?

> Now, i3 is the one I choose because it did not implied a lot of learning,
> it's configuration file is really clean: no need to learn any programming
> language there, but facts is that it lacks some features against more
> hard-core twm, for example some others have layouts: new windows does not
> just split current container, they are moved in a precise place of the
> screen.
> But anyway, here is a quote from i3-wm.org: "i3 is primarily targeted at
> advanced users and developers.". Gnome users might do not feel good there.
> It provide only a window manager, no menu, no desktop, etc. You will have to
> install those yourself.

All I need is a good network manager. A good notifier so that I get notified of
xchat mentions or usb plugged in notifications.

Now I am also a programming student, so learning a good language for a twm
shouldn't be an overkill.

I face a question now:
1) Should I take time to learn a new twm, or should I install both twm and xfce.

2) i3 vs awesome! Just installed i3, lets see how it fares against awesome.

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav