Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

> The slowness you've been
> noticing, as people have pointed out, may be due do GNOME and
> whichever start-up proggies it has. I'd recommend LXDE, XFCE or
> fluxbox instead of awesome though.

I have tried xfce and I believe that its a great great desktop environment,
However I am restricted in using that for a couple of reasons.
1) It does not seem to have a good network manager.
the network manager in gnome lets us define some profiles for different
networks and you can switch them easily.

For eg I have a static IP address at home and DHCP at my college.
In gnome I can make two profiles for both and switch them on the fly.
XFCE has that?

Thunar is a great browser but it lacks in tabbed browsing.
I cannot open tabs in thunar.
Also it does not have a network bookmark on the left pane
to browse the network.
Nautlus is great but then why do I install gnome dependency on xfce?