Re: Using loop devices in Debian

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 1/25/14, David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry for replying to myself again with further thoughts ...

So you should be! My god! Another Debian user trying to be helpful ...
what has the world come to!! Next we'll be offering further assistance
to those who get stuck...

Another option to consider is to partition your hard drive and copy
all the DVD/iso contents there, and then tell the installer to read
the files from there while it is installing to a different partition
on the same hard drive.

I agree that's a better option to the USB stick, if the OP is only
working on one computer, especially for an older PC.

That sentence deserves a Richter 9 ROFL ;/
I'm dealing with 2 sets of machines.
Ni ether has LAN. One set has dialup internet. On one set even a minimal LAN would be prohibitively expensive and any internet connection is counter to policy.
One set is older donated hardware.
My home machines are not the absolute latest but are new enough.

A USB flash drive is shock resistant and fits in a shirt pocket.

Some choices are made for maximum personal education rather than perceived practicality.

I do appreciate the comments. They have triggered many fruitful forays.