Re: Using loop devices in Debian

Sorry for replying to myself again with further thoughts ...

Another option to consider is to partition your hard drive and copy
all the DVD/iso contents there, and then tell the installer to read
the files from there while it is installing to a different partition
on the same hard drive.

Why am I offering these suggestions? Because from my own experience
doing the same thing, anything you can do to avoid using dvd media or
flash drives during the actual install is going to be a huge bonus for
you, because installing off slow media is *very* slow comparing to
installing of fast local media such as another partition on your hard
drive or on another local machine.
It can can reduce install time from many hours to minutes. Once you
have done an install off fast media, you will see!

This applies especially if your install process has interactive
questions or prompts, because you don't have to spend very long
periods of time wondering when they are going to appear. That becomes
very tedious if you have to repeat the exercise more than once.

The more times you are intending to run a trial install (and it's my
impression that is your intention), the more this advice is relevant!

Best of luck!