Re: Using loop devices in Debian

I forgot to mention that an alternative approach could be to serve the
dvd or mounted iso file contents from another machine on your LAN
rather than from a flash drive.

Installers usually have some way to do this but I have forgotten the
specifics (maybe I even did that on Fedora not Debian, I forget). You
can research it.

You might need a http server (like lighttpd) if that's the only
protocol the installer understands, loop mount the iso file (faster
than serving from the dvd) and serve it over http.